Medicinal plant extracts are becoming more popular with patients and practitioners alike. The growing popularity of using herbal extracts has become more than a passing fad – and is slowly becoming integrated into traditional medicine. While we do not particularly approve of using APE to promote the well-being of individuals, we do think it is a step in the right direction.
The efficacy and the growing popularity of EPE are growing more widespread every day. While their potency and effectiveness are becoming common knowledge, what isn’t so clearly understood is their cost-effectiveness. Admittedly, it may not seem clear at first, but here is an example to shine light on the matter.
Let us say someone is taking White Willow. If they were to use the adult extract version, they would need to take 30 drops, 3 times a day, for a total 90 drops per day, which is the recommended dosage. That’s a total of 6300 drops in ten weeks of one extract!
By using the concentrated EPE of White Willow, where the average recommended dose is 3 drops, 3 times a day, during that same 10 week period, this would mean that only 630 drops would be required – literally ten times less!
The following example:
• Retail price of 1, 15 ml PSC extract – $30.
• Retail price of 1 fl (30 ml) oz. adult plant extract – $10.
• Now, let’s break it down to the drop itself.
• EPE – PSC® extracts: 225 drops per 15 ml bottle at $30 = 13.3 cents per drop.
• APE: 550 drops per 30 ml bottle at $10 = 1.81 cents per drop.
• It seems like the APE are more cost effective, right? But, as mentioned before, 10 weeks is the usual time period that is required to take an extract, and this is where the cost effectiveness of the EPE extracts really stands out:
• 630 drops x 13.3 cents = $83.79
• 6300 drops x 1.81 cents = $114.03
• The difference is $30.24 savings with EPE extracts.
In our search for an excellent manufacturer remained elusive until we met with the group Forza Vitale (Vital Force), in Bari Italy. Dr. Joseph Cannillo and Dr. Vito Cannillo, who share the same gold standard of quality, a top manufacturer of these remarkable EPE.